I am a reliable and dedicated to bringing about excellence in all aspects of my work, either as an individual or as an active member of a team. I always strive to create a collaborative and inclusive work environment, which assists myself and others in reaching my and their potential.
Research and Publications
(1) The Literary structure of the Qur’anic Text (2) Sacred Pedagogy and Islamic Teacher Training. Specialist Area: The role of race, gender and masculinity in educational attainment
• 2009 – Undergraduate Teacher Training module designed and accredited by Middlesex University
• 2010 – Postgraduate Teacher Training Programme designed and validated by The University of Roehampton
Education, Qualification and Training
Post Compulsory Education:
1. East London College – Postgraduate Teaching Diploma in the Lifelong Sector (DTTLS) – 2010 to 2011
2. Brunel University – Doctorate in Education – 2006 to 2009
3. Sayyid Shahid Behesti University – MA Islamic Studies – 2005 – 2006
4. University of the Punjab – MA Islamic Studies & Arabic Language – 2001 – 2002
5. Hawza Ayatollah Khu’I – BA Islamic Studies & Arabic Language – 1989 – 1997
Education Employment History:
2011 to 2020: Islamic College – Undergraduate & Postgraduate Lecturer – Islamic Ethics, Teacher Training and Research Methodology
• Develop and deliver module content
• Attend academic board meetings
• Take an active role in the operation of the Ethics Committee
2009 to 2011: Birkbeck University – Postgraduate – Research Methodology and Islamic Studies
• Assist postgraduate students in drafting coherent dissertation proposals.
• Act as a marker of Dissertations
• Lead tuition sessions.
• Delivery of modules on research methods and Islamic Studies.
• Attend academic progression meetings.
• Assist with drafting end of semester reports.
2006 – 2009. Fanon Academy. Education Project Manager
• Developing franchise agreements with sixth form colleges.
• Recruitment of academic and administrative staff.
• Budgeting responsibilities.
• Liaising with Local Education Authorities, Ofsted and National Examination Boards.
1999 to 2005: The College of North West London – A’Level Sociology Lecturer & Religious Studies Lecturer
• Delivery of AQA AS and A2 Sociology and Religious Studies Subjects.
• Act as course tutor to student cohort
• Report writing on learner progression.
• Attend examination board subject specific training
1997 to 1999 – al Sadiq and al Zahra boys and girls Schools – Head of year 9 and Religious Studies Teacher
• Head of year 8 and 9
• Delivery of an agreed syllabus of Religious Studies.
• Liaising with national examination boards.
• Writing of trainee teacher performance reports
Please find a full CV